Get the training you need to fill employer-selected Top 10 High Demand Healthcare Careers in Genesee County. These include: Certified Nurse Assistant, Medical Assistant, Pharmacy Technician, Health Unit Coordinator, Medical Billing and Coding and others in high market demand.
Program components are designed by FHEO Program employers to give participants the background, skills and experience needed to succeed in a health care career.
- Qualifying Activities – Career and Academic Assessments; 2 ½ week Healthcare Career Exploration and Work/Life Skills Training
- Participants receive:
- A career advisor to assist with decision making and goal achievement
- Tuition funding
- Assistance with books, uniforms, exam/license fees and work supplies
- Resume, interview skills, financial literacy and other workshops to improve competitiveness in the workplace
- Employer connections and job search assistance
Do I qualify?
Training funds are awarded throughout the year and are based on local employer hiring needs, applicant qualifications, training availability and the following criteria:
- Resident of GST MI Works service area and eligible for WIOA Adult. Dislocated Worker or Youth services
- Demonstration of need or experiencing circumstances that make it difficult to focus on a career transition
- A compatibility for a career in healthcare – clear criminal background, aptitude and capabilities
- Minimum age 18 years old
- High school diploma (two years post-graduation)/GED
- Veterans strongly encouraged to apply
Don’t Screen Yourself Out. Let Us Screen You In!
Contact the FHEO Program at 810.232.2228 with your questions and to sign up for the next information session.
Get a step ahead. Fill out your program application now at gfhc.org/fheo-application