In a survey conducted by the C.S. Mott Foundation and the Genesee County Land Bank between November 7th and December 3rd, priorities were established by citizens as to where the $428,000 in funds allocated for the demolition of blighted properties should be spent.
- Blighted houses directly next to occupied homes. Scored 9.5/10.
- Homes in area where more people live and homes are occupied. Scored 8.9/10.
- Properties near open schools or safe routes to schools. Scored 8.7/10.
- Properties that are burnt. Scored 8.5/10.
- Properties that have fire insurance funds available. Scored 8.1/10.
- Properties that are close to parks and/or playgrounds. Scored 8/10.
- Properties on or near major corridors. Scored 7.7/10.
Next steps include:
- Compiling and reviewing submitted concerns and any additional feedback.
- Developing a framework based on community responses.
- Defining a scoring system and weight of need.
- Assembling data, mapping and applying framework to prioritize Land Bank demolition candidates. And,
- Complete demolitions in spring 2021
The Genesee County Land Bank and the C. S. Mott Foundation would like to thank all that participated in the survey and welcome any feedback you may have.
Further information will be delivered as it becomes available.