You can browse books and movies, use public computers, research genealogy and use our reference materials.
You’ll find our temporary location at Courtland Center (4190 E. Court St., Burton). Visitors should use the main entrance (Entrance A) and then look for the Library signage just east of Sloan Museum @ Courtland. Plenty of free parking is available, and the mall is served by the #10 bus (Richfield Rd.). Standard safety protocols are in place,
We are following State of Michigan guidelines as far as being open vs. closed. You can always check fpl.info or call us at 810.232.7111 if you would like to confirm that we are open.
Summer Reading Challenge:
Join the fun of Tails and Tales!
In this, our second year of COVID-challenged summer reading, we’re going to amp up the excitement with more prizes and more interaction.
Summer reading is critical for kids. Reading just 3-4 books over the summer can dramatically improve their reading skills, as well as their ability to start school prepared to read in the fall. While more kids have been in school this year, we all know that learning environments have been challenging at best. The Summer Reading Challenge is a wonderful opportunity to build on what your kids are learning and give them something fun to do at the same time.
We’re hosting at least two Summer Reading activities every Tuesday-Saturday in July. We’re also featuring fun adult programs on Tuesday evenings, as well as special family programs on Saturdays. You’ll find all the details on our calendar at fpl.info.
In addition to fun books and activities, there will also be plenty of prizes available. We don’t want to move any more than we must out of our temporary space in November, so we’re planning to empty the prize closet this year. If you’re not sure how to get your kids involved in summer reading, dangle the lure of prizes in front of them!
You can always visit the Library to pick up some amazing reading and entertainment. Our librarians are happy to help patrons of all ages find something special to read. Visit fpl.info for our hours, calendar, downloads, and much more.
Visit fpl.info for our hours, calendar, downloads, and much more.
We’re hosting a series of virtual programs this month. We invite you to visit fpl.info for more information. Please note that all these virtual events are free. Visit fpl.info, choose Join In, and click the calendar date for the Zoom link to join. Also note that Flint Public Library will be closed July 3-5 in observance of the Independence Day holiday.
- July 7: 6:30pm Adult storytelling virtual event with Alfreda Harris.
- July 10: 10:00am-12:00pm Friends of the Library book drop off (1111 James P. Cole Blvd)
- July 10: 10:00am-2:00pm Friends of the Library Mystery Bag sale at the Farmers Market.
- July 10: 2:00pm Virtual family program with Repco Animal Encounters.
- July 14: 6:30pm Adult storytelling virtual event: Short Tales.
- July 15: 10:00am-4:00pm Friends of the Library used book sale at the Farmers Market.
- July 17: 2:00pm Virtual family program with Baffling Bill the Magician.
- July 21: 12:00-1:00pm Fiction Only Book Club will meet via Zoom to discuss “Miss Burma” by Charmaine Craig.
- July 21: 6:30pm Adult storytelling virtual event: Spoken Word Poetry.
- July 24: 2:00pm Virtual family program with A.R.K. Animal Encounters.
- July 28: 6:30pm Adult storytelling virtual event: Pet Tricks.
- July 31: 2:00pm Virtual family program featuring Ms. Alfreda’s Storytelling.
- August 7: 10:00am-12:00pm Friends of the Library book drop off (1111 James P. Cole Blvd)
- August 7: Summer Reading Challenge virtual finale with Scheer Genius.
Note: In addition to our Saturday family programs and Wednesday night adult programs, we are hosting special virtual Summer Reading Challenge events on Tuesdays-Fridays every week in July:
- Tuesdays at 2:00pm: join us for Storytime via Zoom or in person. Capacity for in-person attendance is limited, so please register by calling 810.249.2170. No registration necessary for Zoom attendance.
- Wednesdays, Thursday, and Fridays at 2:00: virtual event
- Tuesday – Friday at 3:00: virtual read-along.