Boil in salted water to cover until tender but still slightly crunchy (2 minutes)
- 1 cup ½ inch pieces green beans
- 1 cup ½ inch pieces yellow wax beans
Drain and place in a large bowl. Add and stir together:
- 16 ounce can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup chopped green bell pepper
- ½ cup chopped onion
- (optional) ½ cup garbanzo beans (I guess that makes it a 4 bean salad)
Shake in a small covered jar:
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup vinegar (red wine vinegar is great)
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon of minced fresh tarragon if you have it – ½ t. dried
- 1 t. salt
- ½ t. black pepper.
Pour the dressing over the bean mixture and toss well to coat.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight.
An extra added bonus is you won’t spend a lot of time in a hot kitchen making this salad. A definite PLUS on a hot Summer’s day!