You can browse books and movies, use public computers, research genealogy and use our reference materials.
You’ll find our temporary location at Courtland Center (4190 E. Court St., Burton). Visitors should use the main entrance (Entrance A) and then look for the Library signage just east of Sloan Museum @ Courtland. Plenty of free parking is available, and the mall is served by the #10 bus (Richfield Rd.). Standard safety protocols are in place,
Transform Our Treasure: The Campaign for Flint Public Library
In 2020, Flint Public Library began a $30.6 million renovation project to transform library services for this community. Construction is well underway and we’re planning a grand opening in early 2022. We sincerely thank the entire Flint community for its support thus far.
Now we’re asking you to help us raise the final $300,000 to complete this exciting transformation of our treasured Library. The Friends of Flint Public Library have committed $50,000 to this work and are challenging community members to join them in supporting the Library renovation.
Every gift gets us closer to our goal…a bright, welcoming, adaptable 21st century library that will serve the people of Flint for decades to come. All gifts will be recognized on the digital donor wall in the renovated Library. Please get involved!
- Visit YourNewFPL.org to learn more and make an online gift.
- Stop by Flint Public Library @ Courtland Center to make a gift or pick up a gift envelope.
- Send a check, payable to Flint Public Library, 1026 E. Kearsley St., Flint MI 48503. Write “Campaign” in the memo line.
Thank you for your support!
We’re slowly bringing back in-person programs. You’ll find a mixture of both in-person and virtual options on our calendar. We invite you to visit fpl.info for more information. Please note that all of these events are free. For all virtual events, visit fpl.info, choose Join In, and click the calendar date for the Zoom link. Also note that Flint Public Library will be closed September 3-6 in observance of the Labor Day holiday.
- August 10: 2:00pm Teen Writers Workshop Intensive (ages 11-17). In person – call 810.232.7111 to register.
- August 11: 2:00pm Teen Writers Workshop Intensive (ages 11-17). In person – call 810.232.7111 to register.
- August 12: 2:00pm Teen Writers Workshop Intensive (ages 11-17). In person – call 810.232.7111 to register.
- August 13: 2:00pm Teen Writers Workshop Intensive (ages 11-17). In person – call 810.232.7111 to register.
- August 11: 6:30pm Adult virtual trivia night.
- August 14: 10:00am-2:00pm Friends of the Library Mystery Bag sale at the Farmers Market.
- August 18: 12:00-1:00pm Fiction Only Book Club will meet via Zoom to discuss “Wives of Los Alamos” by TaraShea Nesbit.
- August 18: 6:30pm Adult virtual trivia night.
- August 19: 10:00am-3:00pm Friends of the Library used book sale at the Farmers Market.