A Richardson favorite original recipe from Gary Ibsen’s Great Tomato Book. Very quick to make so have pasta water boiling & favorite pasta ready to toss in!
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- ½ pound red cherry tomatoes & ½ pound yellow cherry tomatoes (whatever the garden is giving today!)
- Rinse and dry.
- 1 bunch (5 or 6) green onions – coarsely chopped with white and green parts included
- 3 T. coarsely chopped mixed fresh herbs – basil, parsley, chives (whatever the garden gives today)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper – keep tasting until it is just right for you
Heat the olive oil & butter gently, add the garlic and sauté 2 to 3 minutes.
Add the cherry tomatoes and sauté 2 to 3 minutes.
Add the green onion, herbs, salt and pepper.
Constantly shake the pan to mix everything together and sauté this mixture until about half of tomatoes are beginning to burst (5 to 7 minutes). Remove from heat and toss this sauce with your cooked pasta. Top with freshly grated cheese.