From: Southern Living
When it’s HOT outside (and inside) you don’t want to be spending a lot of time cooking. Here is an easy meal idea to beat the heat.
Ingredients (many are optional – your choice)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest plus 2 tsp. fresh juice
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 8 hard-cooked eggs, peeled
- 2 small stalks celery, finely diced (about 1/2 cup)4 chopped green onions (about 1/3 cup)
- Your choice of bread
- Whisk together mayonnaise, mustard, dill, lemon zest and juice, salt, sugar, pepper, paprika, and hot sauce in a bowl. Coarsely crumble hard-cooked eggs into mayonnaise mixture; gently fold together using a spatula to coat. Fold in celery and scallions. Taste salad, and adjust seasonings. Refrigerate, tightly covered, until chilled, at least 1 hour or up to 3 hours.
- Stir salad. Taste, and adjust seasonings before serving. Store, covered, in refrigerator up to 3 days.