You can browse books and movies, use public computers, research genealogy and use our reference materials.
This is your last chance to visit us at our temporary location in Courtland Center. You can check out any of our regular loan materials and enjoy them until we reopen at Kearsley Street next spring.
Our last day of service at Courtland Center will be November 24 when we will be open 10:00am-5:30pm. Then the Library will be closed for approximately three months, although our web-based services (such as downloads and streaming) will continue to be available 24/7. Our staff will be packing, moving, unpacking, and organizing the newly renovated space to serve you next spring.
If you don’t have a Library card or an e-card, now is a great time to get one! This will allow you to check out digital materials and use many of the services through our website, such as databases and learning tools. Stop by the Library before Thanksgiving and we’ll make sure you’re ready to go!
The precise reopening date has not yet been determined. Visit YourNewFPL.org for the most current information about the construction process and our move.
Thank you for your support!
There are a few fun events coming up at Flint Public Library this month, but the most important thing on your list should be stocking up on books, movies and more. That’s because our last day of service at Courtland Center will be Wednesday, November 24. (Please note the special hours that day.) After the Thanksgiving break, we start packing to move back into our renovated building next spring!
As far as the November calendar goes, we invite you to visit fpl.info for more information. Please note that all these events are free. For all virtual events, visit fpl.info, choose Join In, and click the calendar date for the Zoom link.
- November 13: 1:00pm-2:00pm Super Saturday Storytime in person and streaming via Zoom. Come to the Children’s Room at Courtland Center or stream online by clicking the calendar link.
- November 13: 3:30-4:30 STEAM Saturday. Learn the fun of working and playing with science, technology, and math. Ages 7-12. Call 810-249-2170 to register.
- November 16: 4:30-6:00pm Teen Writers workshop for ages 11-17. Register at 810.249.2569.
- November 17: 12:00-1:00pm Fiction Only Book Club will meet via Zoom to discuss “If I Had Your Face” by Frances Cha.
- November 20: 1:00pm-2:00pm Super Saturday Storytime in person and streaming via Zoom. Come to the Children’s Room at Courtland Center or stream online by clicking the calendar link.
- November 20: 3:30-5:00 FPL Gamers Arena. Join us at the library or from home to play Brawlhalla, an online platform fighter, rated E for everyone. Ages 10-17. Call 810-232-7111 to register.
- November 24: last day of in-person service at Courtland Center. Hours 10:00am-5:30pm.
See you in 2022 in the all new
Flint Public Library!