Company coming for the holidays?
In a hurry to get to the store?
Picking up the kids or Grandma at their friends?
AND it is not simple… or familiar as the CLOSED… DETOUR… signs “grow” everywhere,
change in a moment… and maybe were left behind…
and perhaps seem to be without reason with no road closed in sight.
In this season of gratitude for turkey gravy and Grandma’s recipe for pie, let’s take the challenge of capturing the blessings that our wildly changing travel routes offer.
- It is – will be – a blessing to have our streets in good repair.
- Our governments’ work! Tax dollars and grants and state and local budgets, making lasting change for many.
- Safe crossings… crosswalks clearly marked.
- A chance to think about others’ experiences as we plan how to guide someone to a familiar spot (or home!)
- Slowing down… planning the routine…
- and perhaps it is a blessing to have discovered, re-discovered, the neighborhoods around us, and in different parts of town.