So Simple. Use leftover chicken or turkey or purchase a rotisserie chicken from the market.
- ⅓ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup butter, cubed
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (10-½ ounces) condensed chicken broth, undiluted
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup cooked peas
- 1 cup cooked, sliced carrots
- 1 tube (10 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, not flaky
- In a 10-inch ovenproof skillet (like cast iron), add butter and sauté onion until tender over medium heat. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until well blended. Add broth and milk and bring to a boil. Stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbling. Add the turkey, peas and carrots and heat through. Open refrigerated biscuits and separate. Gently place and arrange biscuits over the stew.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown and puffy.