The $30 million space includes 5 different galleries to educate, enlighten and even provide hands-on educational experiences for children.
- Discovery Hall features a hands-on science gallery sure to delight children, teens and adults alike. It includes a multi-story “Spaceship Earth” climbing structure.
- Hagerman Street Early Childhood Learning will prepare kids for Kindergarten through play-centric exploration.
- History Gallery showcases many of the exhibits familiar to visitors of the “old” Sloan. These exhibits will change on a regular basis to feature the Sloan’s vast collection.
- The Durant Gallery will be familiar to visitors as it will feature vehicles, motorized and otherwise, that were integral to the history of Flint and Genesee County.
- The Fun Gallery, not yet open, will feature traveling and special exhibits like the dinosaurs and “Titanic” with more space for a better visitor experience.
Community Spaces and a Coffee Beanery are also available for any kind of event or a cup of coffee and a snack.
Your children and YOU will enjoy your many trips to the Sloan Museum of Discovery. An experience not to be missed.