It has been three long years since we were able to celebrate summer with this much-loved event. But it is back! Mark your calendar for a night of music, dancing and socializing with your neighbors as Blues on the Library Lawn returns at 6:00pm on Saturday, August 27! We have a lot to celebrate as a community, including the reopening of your transformed Flint Public Library. If you have not had a chance to visit the Library yet, this would be a great opportunity. The Library will be open from 9:00am – 6:00pm on August 27, so you can stop in before the concert.
The performers onstage this year include:
- Greg Ellis
- Faye Bradford
- Bleau McCray-Morel
- The Bobby Murray Band featuring Lenny Watkins, with special guest Tosha Owens
You are welcome to sit and listen on the Terrace, although it will have limited visibility. There is also limited seating under the tent. Feel free to bring your lawn chair or blanket for relaxing under the stars. This event is free and open to the public, so bring your friends and family and come on out!
New Library Website
We have recently launched a new Library website to better serve our patrons and community. The address is still the same (fpl.info) but it’s new and improved. If you have not yet visited, check it out!
Some of the important new additions:
- The home page calendar, which highlights up-coming programs
- Online obituary and research requests
- Quick, homepage access to some of our most popular services
- An index of community resource links related to a variety of topics
- And much more!
Please let us know if you have any questions, and happy exploring!
Please note that all of these events are free and open to the public.
- Aug 9: 12:00pm Armchair Traveler
- Aug 9: 2:00-3:00pm Family Yoga
- Aug 9: 2:00-4:00pm Teen Writers Intensive Workshop*
- Aug 10: 2:00-4:00pm Teen Writers Intensive Workshop*
- Aug 11: 2:00-4:00pm Teen Writers Intensive Workshop*
- Aug 12: 2:00-4:00pm Teen Writers Intensive Workshop*
- Aug 16: 12:00pm Armchair Traveler
- Aug 16: 6:30-7:30pm Let’s Talk Books featuring “Boys in the Boat” by Daniel James Brown
- Aug 20: 3:00pm Chess for Everyone
- Aug 23: 12:00pm Armchair Traveler
- Aug 27: 6:00pm Blues on the Library Lawn
- Aug 30: 12:00pm Armchair Traveler
- Sept 2-5: Library CLOSED for Labor Day holiday
*Please visit fpl.info/events to find this event and register online.
Our website calendar features the most current information about library programs. Please visit fpl.info for more information and a complete event listing.