Spring break is fast approaching and that means you’ll need some fun things to keep the kids occupied. Flint Public Library is the place to be!
We’re offering special drop-in activities during the week of March 27, including a free movie on March 31. Check out our calendar for the details.
In addition, remember that we have lots of options to help keep the kids busy at home:
- Kanopy: watch free, family-friendly movies through kanopy, our on-demand video streaming service. Go to fpl.kanopy.com and log in with your Flint Public Library Card and PIN. If you don’t have a card, you can stop by the Library during business hours.
- DVDs and CDs: we have a great collection of kids movies and music that you can check out for at-home fun.
- Playaway Books: these audio books have a universal audio jack. Just plug in headphones and your child can read along with age-appropriate stories.
- Launchpad Learning Tablets: hardy pre-loaded tablets full of age-appropriate games and resources for your child to explore.
- Books: let’s not forget how much fun it is for kids to pick out their own books at the Library! Let your kids browse our child-size stacks, or ask one of our librarians to help you find books on a topic that interests your child.
If you’re looking for more ideas, please stop by the Children’s Learning Center and our librarians will be happy to help!
Find more information about programs, services, Library cards and more by visiting our website at fpl.info. Hope to see you soon!
Please note that all of these events are free and open to the public.
- March 7: 4:30-6:00pm Teen Writers Workshop
- March 7: 6:30-7:30pm Adult Writers Workshop
- March 8: 12:00-1:00pm Virtual Reality for Seniors
- March 8: 4:30-5:30pm Teen/Tween Craft – Sun Catchers
- March 8: 6:00-7:00pm Podcasting @ FPL*
- March 9: 12:00-1:00pm Booked for Lunch with Tim Lane, author of “Your Silent Face”
- March 10: 10:00-11:00am Toddle Time Storytime
- March 11: 9:00am-6:00pm: VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) Registration begins at 9:00am and ends when slots are full
- March 11: 9:30-11:00am Getting Started with Your Genealogy*
- March 11: 10:30am-12pm Little Explorers (ages 1-4)
- March 11: 1:00-2:00pm Super Saturday Storytime Tell A Tail
- March 11: 2:00-4:00pm Art by Carla Harden
- March 11: 3:00-4:30pm Minecraft Saturday
- March 15: 12:00-1:00pm Fiction Only Book Club, discussing “Everything Here is Beautiful” by Mira Lee
- March 17: 10:00-11:00am Toddle Time Storytime
- March 18: 9:00am-6:00pm: VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) Registration begins at 9:00am and ends when slots are full
- March 18: 9:30-11:00am How to Use ancestry.com
- March 18: 11:00am-12:00pm Podcasting @ FPL*
- March 18: 1:00-2:00pm Super Saturday Storytime Tell A Tail
- March 21: 4:30-6:00pm Teen Writers Workshop
- March 22: 6:00-7:00pm Podcasting @ FPL*
- March 23: 6:30-7:30pm Evening Readers Book Club, featuring “Where the Deer and the Antelope Play” by Nick Offerman
- March 24: 10:00-11:00am Toddle Time Storytime
- March 25: 9:00am-6:00pm: VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) Registration begins at 9:00am and ends when slots are full
- March 25: 10:00am – 1:00pm Basic Needs Fair
- March 25: 1:00-2:00pm Super Saturday Storytime Tell A Tail
- March 25: 3:00-4:30pm Minecraft Saturday
- March 28: 2:00-4:00pm Drop In & Play Games
- March 29: 2:00-4:00pm Drop In & Craft
- March 30: 2:00-4:00pm Drop In & Build
- March 31: 2:00-3:30pm Drop In & Watch “Boonie Bears: Blast Into the Past”
- April 1: 9:30-11:30am Flint Neighborhoods United meeting (all welcome)
- April 1: 10:00am-12:00pm Friends of the Flint Public Library book drop-off
- April 1: 1:00-2:00pm Super Saturday Storytime Tell A Tail
* Registration required for these events. Please visit our website to sign up.
Our website calendar features the most current information about library programs. Please visit www.fpl.info for more information and a complete event listing.