It’s almost unbelievable…but one year ago, on May 19, we re-opened the Library to the public after our renovation. And what a year it has been! Our Children’s Learning Center is full of giggling, laughing, playing kids who are learning the skills to read. Our meeting rooms are booked every week as people flock to use these beautiful spaces. Our librarians are busy teaching patrons to use the new technology (like podcasting) and launching fun new programs for patrons of all ages. It has been a good year!
We cordially invite you to celebrate this milestone with us on May 19-20 as we bring in special performers for patrons of all ages, plus free books and prizes for kids up to 16 years of age. We’re continuing to make plans, so visit our website for the most current details.
- You’re invited to an adult concert featuring a unique blend of reggae, blues, R&B and more from Deacon Earl and Kidd Cincinnati. (May 19 @ 6:30pm)
- Bring the kids for Tell a Tail Storytime and meet the therapy dogs who make reading fun! (May 20 @ 1:00pm)
- The whole family is invited to enjoy a performance by Karen Bonnici, whose music and stories will teach, engage, encourage and tickle the funny bone. (May 20 @ 2:00pm)
- Learn about the Muslim traditions of Ramadan and Eid al-Fitr through a short cultural presentation, food, storytime and henna hand painting. (May 20 @ 2:00pm)
- Wrap up your day at the Library with ventriloquist Richard Paul’s Family Fun Variety Show, featuring outrageous and colorful puppets, music and magic! (May 20 @ 3:30pm)
Find more information about programs, services, Library cards and more by visiting our website at fpl.info. Hope to see you soon!
All of these events are free and open to the public. Please note that Flint Public Library will be closed May 26-29 for the Memorial Day holiday.
- May 9: 12:00-1:00pm Senior Yoga*
- May 9: 6:00-7:00pm Bookie Babies*
- May 10: 12:00-1:00pm Virtual Reality for Seniors
- May 10: 4:30-5:30pm Teen/Tween Craft*
- May 12: 10:00-11:00am Toddle Time Storytime
- May 13: 9:30-11:30am Civil War Ancestry*
- May 13: 10:30am-12pm Little Explorers (ages 1-4)
- May 13: 11:00am-12:00pm Podcasting @ FPL*
- May 13: 11:00am-1:00pm Today I’m a Reader, Tomorrow I’m a Leader*
- May 13: 1:00-2:00pm Super Saturday Storytime Tell A Tail
- May 13: 3:00-4:00pm Rocket League Saturdays
- May 16: 12:00-1:00pm Senior Yoga*
- May 16: 4:30-6:00pm Teen Writers Workshop
- May 16: 6:00-7:00pm Bookie Babies*
- May 17: 12:00-1:00pm Fiction Only Book Club, discussing “Olive Bright, Pigeoneer” by Stephanie Graves
- May 19: 10:00-11:00am Toddle Time Storytime
- May 19: 6:30-7:30pm Evening Concert Series, featuring Deacon Earl & Kidd Cincinnati
- May 20: 1:00-2:00pm Super Saturday Storytime Tell A Tail
- May 20: 2:00-3:00pm Saturday Family Concert featuring Karen Bonnici
- May 20: 2:00-5:00pm Celebrate with our Muslim Neighbors: Ramadan and the Festival of Eid al-Fitr
- May 20: 3:30-4:30pm Ventriloquist Richard Paul’s Family Fun Variety Show
- May 24: 5:30-7:30pm Introduction to Mindfulness with the CRIM
- May 24: 6:00-7:00pm Podcasting @ FPL*
- May 25: 6:30-7:30pm Evening Readers Book Club, featuring “The Lost City of the Monkey God” by Douglas Preston
* Registration required for these events. Please visit our website to sign up.
Our website calendar features the most current information about library programs. Please visit www.fpl.info for more information and a complete event listing.