Come together and connect with others at the Library to celebrate community, expand your circle, express your creativity, and indulge in reading and fun!
Summer reading is fantastic for young students. However, it’s also a great way for tired adults to unwind on a warm summer’s night or with a picnic lunch. Reading is an excellent way for teens to relax and explore subjects of interest.
This year, our summer reading challenge lets everyone read All Together Now. The challenge kicks off Saturday, June 17 and runs until Saturday, August 6. We’ll have something for kids and teens to do every day of those seven weeks. Learn something new, make art, practice yoga, build something, play games share stories outside, and help us plant a garden. Don’t forget…there are prizes for reading!
- Adults: read what you like or participate in fun, interesting reading challenges and activities.
- Children: choose your own books from our huge collection, or ask the librarians to help you find something of interest.
- Teens: we have weekly activities for you. Some require registration so make sure you have your Library Card handy to sign in the day of the program!
Visit fpl.info to sign up on ReadSquared if you would like to track your points and progress.
Find more information about programs, services, Library cards and more by visiting our website at fpl.info. Hope to see you soon!
All of these events are free and open to the public.
- June 7: 4:00-6:00pm African-America Art Legacy & Literature Class
- June 7 6:00-7:00pm Podcasting @ FPL*
- June 8: 6:30-7:30pm Evening Readers Book Club, featuring “West with Giraffes” by Lydia Rutledge.
- June 9: 6:30-7:30pm Evening Concert Series, featuring Tumbao Bravo
- June 10: 10:30am-12pm Little Explorers (ages 1-4)
- June 10: 11:00am-12:00pm Podcasting @ FPL*
- June 10: 1:00-2:00pm Super Saturday Storytime
- June 10: 3:00pm Pride Month Film Showing
- June 14: 12:00-1:00pm Virtual Reality for Seniors
- June 16: 10:00am Silent Book Club (choose your own book and read in silence!)
- June 17: 11:00am Gardening Together
- June 17: 1:00pm Summer Reading Challenge kickoff
- June 17: 2:00pm Magician Scheer Genius
- June 17: 3:00pm Pride Month book discussion
- June 17: 3:00pm Chess Club for kids and adults
- June 20: 1:00pm Lunch on the Library Lawn celebrating Juneteenth
- June 20: 2:00pm Family Yoga (bring your own mat)
- June 21: 12:00-1:00pm Fiction Only Book Club, discussing “Elegance of the Hedgehog” by Muriel Barbery
- June 21: 2:00pm Drop In and Play Games
- June 21: 4:30pm Teen/Tween Craft (Tie-Dyed T-Shirts)
- June 21: 6:30pm Community Yoga, 18+
- June 22: 2:00pm Drop In and Watch a Movie, featuring “The Great Gilly Hopkins)
- June 22: 6:30pm Thursdays with For-Mar, featuring Reading with Reptiles
- June 23: 2:00pm Drop In and Build
- June 24: 2:00pm Howell Nature Center
- June 27: 1:00pm Lunch on the Library Lawn
- June 27: 2:00pm Family Yoga (bring your own mat)
- June 28: 2:00pm Drop In and Play Games
- June 28: 4:30pm Teen/Tween Craft (Slime)
- June 29: 2:00pm Drop In and Watch a Movie, featuring “Maya the Bee”
- June 29: 6:30pm Thursdays with For-Mar, featuring Portable Pond
- June 30: 2:00pm Drop In and Build
- July 1: 2:00pm Bubbleman
* Registration required for these events. Please visit our website to sign up.
Our website calendar features the most current information about library programs. Please visit www.fpl.info for more information and a complete event listing.