Do not use the same disposable gloves for multiple activities & never wash disposable gloves for reuse.
Wear well-fitting, disposable gloves when using shared equipment. Medical examination gloves should be reserved for clinical use.
When to remove gloves:
- After contact with the surrounding environment
- After providing care to a patient
- If working in direct patient care – follow clinic guidelines for use of disposable examination gloves
Remove gloves using the following CDC instructions:
- Grasp the outside of one glove at the wrist. Do not touch your bare skin.
- Peel the glove away from your body, pulling it inside out.
- Hold the glove you just removed in your gloved hand.
- Peel off the second glove by putting your fingers inside the glove at the top of your wrist.
- Turn the second glove inside out while pulling it away from your body, leaving the first glove inside the second.
- Dispose of the gloves safely. Do not reuse the gloves.
- Clean your hands immediately after removing gloves.
Download the PDF and please share.